Wednesday, August 17, 2011

An Intern's Adventures: Driving Miss Caroline

Tuesday night I was privileged with one of the best random intern tasks I've gotten in a while: driving our fabulous guest artist, Caroline Goulding, back to her hotel! We left after the delightful post concert party in high spirits...but quickly realized that the situation was essentially setting us as stars for the next horror movie. 

Evidence?
  1. We left a party, where we were dressed all fancy, celebrating a great life experience.
  2. We were both young, pretty and blonde. 
  3. It was dark, and we were driving on an even darker road, essentially in the middle of nowhere. 
  4. We had to stop for gas, causing us to get out of the vehicle, thus making us even more venerable.
  5. We then got mildly lost...Okay, well really I just missed a turn, needed to turn around and then was a little confused as to which way I needed to go to get back on track. (Again, it was dark and I don't normally drive out that way!) 
  6. The road to the hotel seemed abnormally long, and I was thoroughly convinced we missed it until we actually saw signs for the Ashbrooke. 
  7. When we finally did arrive, in one piece mind you, Caroline mentioned that she left her key in her room...thus rendering us locked out of the building completely. Luckily, we could look up the number for the hotel, get connected to the night time security guard. 
  8. This, however, could have been very dangerous. He told us to meet him outside the office and that he'd arrive in a few minutes. Really, that could have easily been all a part of his sinister plan to lure us in. We are lucky to have survived. 
  9. Lastly, I had to drive all the way back to the office to unload our traveling box office and then home in the dark and quiet. It was dark and noisy you know things would be fine, it's the quiet you have to watch out for!! 
  10. Oh, and nearly the whole way to Egg Harbor...we talked about scary movies. If that's not enough to have the Scream monster get us, I don't know what is! 
So, there you have it. I am happy to report that both Caroline and I made it home safely, no worse for wear. I did see some deer on the way home, which was kind of frightening in that I really didn't want them to run in front of my car, but otherwise all is well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment